Promote the biblically based Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle, provide guidance and relevant support to SDAhealthcare institutions, organize and coordinate the actions of the SDA health professionals...
1. To promote among the membership, the Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle as based on the Bible and the Spirit ofProphecy, by means of information, education, counseling and motivation in all health/temperance issues.
2. To advise the church, and its departments and related agencies, regarding the development andimplementation of health/temperance related policies and programs.
3. To develop and/or catalog resource materials for its programs.
4. To provide through publications, services, and programs, an on-going witness to the world concerning thephysical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, other substances and wrong lifestyle.
5. To be actively involved in the evangelistic thrust of the church both as an effective entering wedge and bygenuine concern for the total wellness of everyone.
6. To oversee and provide support for Seventh-day Adventist health-care institutions at all levels of Churchorganization. This should be done through membership on boards, inspections, assistance in recruiting personnel,continuing education, community programs, and spiritual ministries.
7. To maintain liaison with Seventh-day Adventist health professionals and related organizations, dentists, dietitians, nurses, optometrists, physicians, etc. and foster their involvement in the Health/Temperance program of the Church.
8. To promote worldwide, in churches, institutions, and organizational offices, an Annual Health Emphasis Weekas designated. The purpose of this special week is to call the attention of the membership to the importance of the health message, generate health behavior change and secure integral support for health/temperance